12 Midwest Family Vacations That Are Packed with Fun
Are you looking for the perfect family vacation destination that offers a mix of fun, adventure, and relaxation? Look no further! The Midwest region of the United States is home to several incredible vacation spots that are perfect for families. From exciting theme parks to beautiful natural landscapes, the Midwest has something to offer for everyone. In this article, we will explore 12 Midwest family vacations that are packed with fun.
1. Walt Disney World Resort – Orlando, Florida
- Experience the magic of Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida.
- Enjoy thrilling rides, meet your favorite Disney characters, and watch spectacular shows.
- Explore themed lands such as Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.
2. Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Splash into fun at Great Wolf Lodge, a family-friendly indoor water park resort.
- Enjoy a variety of water slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, and water play areas.
- Check out the dry activities like arcades, mini-golf, and interactive games.
3. Mall of America – Bloomington, Minnesota
- Embark on a shopping and entertainment adventure at the Mall of America.
- Discover over 500 stores, including popular brands and unique boutiques.
- Visit Nickelodeon Universe, the largest indoor theme park in the United States.
4. Mount Rushmore National Memorial – Keystone, South Dakota
- Witness the grandeur of Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- Marvel at the giant sculptures of four U.S. presidents carved into the mountain.
- Take a guided tour to learn about the history and significance of this iconic landmark.
5. The Henry Ford – Dearborn, Michigan
- Step into history and innovation at The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.
- Explore exhibits showcasing important artifacts and inventions.
- Visit Greenfield Village, a living history museum with historic buildings and costumed interpreters.
6. Shedd Aquarium – Chicago, Illinois
- Dive into an underwater adventure at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago.
- Discover a wide variety of marine life, including dolphins, beluga whales, and penguins.
- Experience interactive exhibits and educational programs.
7. Silver Dollar City – Branson, Missouri
- Step back in time at Silver Dollar City, a theme park with a 19th-century atmosphere.
- Enjoy thrilling rides, live entertainment, and delicious food.
- Don’t miss out on the park’s famous festivals, including the National Harvest Festival and An Old Time Christmas.
8. Indiana Dunes National Park – Porter, Indiana
- Escape to nature at Indiana Dunes National Park.
- Enjoy hiking, birdwatching, swimming, and picnicking along the beautiful Lake Michigan coastline.
- Explore the park’s sand dunes, forests, and wetlands.
9. The Gateway Arch – St. Louis, Missouri
- Visit the iconic Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Ride to the top of the arch for stunning views of the city and the Mississippi River.
- Explore the museum beneath the arch to learn about its construction and history.
10. Cedar Point – Sandusky, Ohio
- Experience thrills and excitement at Cedar Point, known as the “Roller Coaster Capital of the World.”
- Ride some of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world.
- Enjoy family-friendly attractions, live entertainment, and delicious food.
11. Schlitterbahn Waterpark – Kansas City, Kansas
- Cool off at Schlitterbahn Waterpark