Where to Stay in Sacramento: California’s Food-Loving Capital
In Sacramento’s boutique hotel scene, acclaimed restaurants accompany accommodation. These restaurant-led hotels champion the farm-to-fork ethos of California’s state capital, offering visitors a unique and memorable experience. Whether you are a food lover looking to indulge in the city’s culinary delights or a traveler seeking a cozy and comfortable stay, Sacramento has plenty of options to choose from. Let’s explore some of the best places to stay in Sacramento that will satisfy your taste buds and provide a delightful experience.
Lively Midtown District
- Sutter District: Located in the heart of Midtown, the Sutter District is a hotspot for food enthusiasts. Stay at The Citizen Hotel, a romantic boutique hotel that combines history with modern amenities. Don’t miss out on dining at the Grange Restaurant & Bar, offering farm-fresh, seasonal dishes with a creative twist.
- The Sterling Hotel: This historic Mediterranean-style hotel is another gem in the Midtown District. Enjoy a comfortable stay in tastefully decorated rooms and indulge in the culinary delights at the highly acclaimed Sterling’s Bistro.
- The Delta King: If you prefer a unique experience, stay aboard the iconic Delta King riverboat hotel. Moored on the Sacramento River, this charming hotel offers beautiful river views and features the award-winning Pilothouse Restaurant. Enjoy delicious seafood and other California-inspired dishes while taking in the waterfront ambiance.
- Kimpton Sawyer Hotel: Located next to the Golden 1 Center, this stylish hotel offers breathtaking views of the Sacramento skyline. With the popular Revival restaurant on-site, you can savor seasonal and locally sourced ingredients combined with innovative cooking techniques.
- The Citizen Hotel: As mentioned earlier, The Citizen Hotel not only provides a gastronomic experience but is also an ideal base for exploring the city’s historic downtown. Within walking distance of attractions like the California State Capitol Museum, this hotel offers a mix of elegance and comfort.
- The Firehouse Restaurant: On the outskirts of downtown, you will find The Firehouse Restaurant, a historic landmark housed in the city’s first fire station. The adjacent Firehouse Hotel complements the fine dining experience with luxurious rooms and personalized service.
- The Greens Hotel: Natomas is a lovely neighborhood close to downtown Sacramento, and The Greens Hotel is a hidden gem within it. This eco-friendly hotel features unique rooms decorated with recycled materials. Nearby, you can enjoy mouthwatering meals at The Kitchen Restaurant, known for its farm-to-fork philosophy and communal dining experience.
- The Inn & Spa at Parkside: Located in the charming Mansion Flats neighborhood, this boutique hotel offers a serene atmosphere away from the city’s hustle and bustle. Indulge in relaxation at the Four Diamond Ettore’s European Bakery & Restaurant, where you can enjoy delectable pastries, sandwiches, and European cuisine.
Sacramento, California’s food-loving capital, offers a variety of boutique hotels with incredible restaurants on-site. Whether you prefer to stay in the lively Midtown District, experience waterfront charm, explore historic downtown, or embrace the quaint neighborhoods, there is a perfect option for you. Immerse yourself in the farm-to-fork ethos of the city and make your stay in Sacramento an unforgettable culinary journey.