How Travellers Can Join Marine Scientists in Mozambique
In the Bazaruto Center for Scientific Studies sitting on Benguerra Island off the coast of Mozambique, visitors can stay in a luxurious beach resort while having the chance to actively participate in ongoing marine research projects. This unique opportunity allows adventurous travellers to not only enjoy a relaxing vacation but also contribute to important scientific studies that are helping to protect the marine biodiversity of Mozambique’s waters.
- Breathtaking beaches and crystal-clear waters
- Rich marine biodiversity
- Opportunity to learn from marine scientists
- Contribute to conservation efforts
The Bazaruto Center for Scientific Studies
The Bazaruto Center for Scientific Studies (BCSS) is a research facility located on Benguerra Island in Mozambique. It focuses on studying and conserving the marine ecosystems in the surrounding area. The center, in collaboration with local researchers and marine scientists, welcomes travellers who are interested in learning about marine conservation and participating in ongoing research projects.
Activities for Travellers
- Participate in dolphin and whale monitoring – help collect data on the population and behavior of these majestic creatures.
- Join coral reef surveys – assist in documenting the health and diversity of coral reefs, crucial for monitoring the impacts of climate change and human activities.
- Conduct seahorse surveys – contribute to the understanding of seahorse populations and their conservation needs.
- Partake in beach clean-ups – support local efforts to keep the beaches and surrounding areas free from plastic and other debris.
- Engage in community outreach programs – connect with local communities to raise awareness about environmental conservation and sustainable practices.
Accommodation and Amenities
During your stay in Benguerra Island, you can enjoy luxurious accommodation at the Azura Benguerra Island Resort. This award-winning resort offers stunning beachfront villas with private pools, gourmet food, and a range of activities such as snorkeling, diving, and spa treatments. The resort is committed to eco-tourism and works closely with the BCSS to promote sustainable practices in the region.
How to Join
If you’re interested in joining the marine scientists in Mozambique, you can contact the Bazaruto Center for Scientific Studies directly through their website or email. They offer various programs with different durations, allowing you to choose the one that suits your interests and schedule. It’s advisable to book in advance as availability may be limited due to the popularity of this unique opportunity.
Travellers looking for a truly unique and meaningful experience can join marine scientists in Mozambique and actively contribute to marine conservation efforts. By participating in ongoing research projects at the Bazaruto Center for Scientific Studies, you can play a vital role in protecting the rich marine biodiversity of Mozambique’s waters. Additionally, you’ll have the chance to enjoy a luxurious beach vacation and learn from experts in the field. This combination of relaxation and active involvement in conservation makes for an unforgettable travel experience.