to treehouse retreats, Portugal offers a wide range of unique and memorable back-to-nature accommodation options. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing escape or an adventurous getaway, these eight destinations are sure to satisfy your wanderlust.
– Quinta do Barracão da Vilariça: This hidden gem in the Douro Valley offers glamping in luxurious wine barrels. Nestled among vineyards, guests can enjoy stunning views, wine tastings, and stargazing from the comfort of their own barrel.
– Quinta dos Amores: Located in the heart of the Alentejo region, this eco-resort offers a variety of accommodation options, including geodesic domes and yurts. Guests can connect with nature through activities like horseback riding and hiking.
– Herdade da Urgueira: Situated in central Portugal, this secluded retreat allows guests to stay in traditional shepherd’s huts. With access to a private lake and hiking trails, visitors can truly disconnect from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
– Quinta da Urze: This organic farm in the Serra da Estrela region offers visitors the chance to sleep in a cozy treehouse. Surrounded by stunning landscapes, guests can enjoy hiking, birdwatching, and even cheese-making workshops.
– Parque de Campismo Rural Os Anjos: Located in the beautiful Algarve region, this campsite allows guests to pitch their tents or park their campervans in a tranquil rural setting. With access to nearby beaches and nature reserves, it’s the perfect base for outdoor adventures.
– Vale do Pavão: Set in the heart of the natural park of Serras de Aire e Candeeiros, this glamping site offers luxury tents with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. Guests can explore caves, go horseback riding, or simply relax in the outdoor hot tub.
– Herdade da Poupa: Nestled in the heart of the Alentejo region, this winery offers glamping in vintage caravans. Guests can enjoy wine tastings, vineyard tours, and even participate in the grape harvest during the harvest season.
– Furnas Lake Forest Living: Located in the Azores, this eco-resort offers eco-pods nestled in an enchanting forest. Guests can explore the surrounding nature reserve, soak in the natural hot springs, and even visit the famous Furnas geysers.
Portugal offers a multitude of back-to-nature accommodation options for travelers seeking a unique and immersive experience. From glamping in wine barrels to sleeping in treehouses, these destinations allow visitors to disconnect from the outside world and reconnect with nature. So next time you plan a trip to Portugal, consider stepping out of your comfort zone and embarking on a wild sleeping adventure.