8 Fun Things to Do in St. Louis with Kids
St. Louis is bursting with fun family activities. From interactive museums and gorgeous parks to thrilling attractions, this vibrant city offers something for every member of the family. If you’re planning a trip to St. Louis with your kids, here are eight fun things to do that will keep everyone entertained and create lasting memories:
1. Explore the City Museum
- The City Museum is not your typical museum.
- This interactive playground boasts a collection of repurposed architectural and industrial objects that are transformed into whimsical exhibits and attractions.
- From climbing through giant tunnels and slides to exploring caves and even flying through the air on a rooftop Ferris wheel, there’s something for kids of all ages.
2. Visit the Saint Louis Zoo
- Home to over 17,000 animals and more than 600 species, the Saint Louis Zoo is a must-visit attraction for animal lovers.
- With exhibits like Penguin and Puffin Coast, Big Cat Country, and the expansive River’s Edge, kids can get up close and personal with a wide variety of animals.
- Don’t miss the Children’s Zoo, where little ones can feed and pet farm animals and even take a ride on a carousel.
3. Have a Blast at the Magic House
- The Magic House is a hands-on children’s museum filled with engaging exhibits that inspire creativity and imagination.
- Kids can climb a three-story beanstalk, try their hand at painting in the Art Studio, and even create their own musical masterpiece in the Little Symphony.
- There’s also a play garden with a treehouse and a water play area for those hot St. Louis summers.
4. Go Up the Gateway Arch
- No trip to St. Louis is complete without a visit to the iconic Gateway Arch.
- Ride the tram to the top and enjoy breathtaking views of the city and the Mississippi River.
- Learn about the history and construction of this architectural marvel at the Gateway Arch Museum before taking a leisurely stroll along the riverfront.
5. Immerse Yourself in Science at the Saint Louis Science Center
- The Saint Louis Science Center offers hands-on exhibits and interactive displays that make learning fun for kids of all ages.
- Explore the wonders of space at the Planetarium, learn about dinosaurs at the Fossil Prep Lab, and don’t miss the OMNIMAX Theater for captivating 3D films.
- With free admission to most of the exhibits, this is a great budget-friendly option for families.
6. Enjoy the Outdoors at Forest Park
- Forest Park is a sprawling green oasis in the heart of St. Louis.
- Home to the Saint Louis Zoo, the Saint Louis Science Center, and the Art Museum, this park provides endless opportunities for outdoor and cultural exploration.
- Rent bikes, go for a paddleboat ride on the lake, or simply enjoy a picnic in one of the many picturesque areas.
7. Take a Riverboat Cruise
- Step aboard a replica 19th-century paddle-wheel riverboat and set sail on the Mississippi River.
- Enjoy a narrated sightseeing cruise, a themed dinner cruise, or even a lively riverboat day cruise with live music and entertainment.
- The views of the city skyline and the river are truly breathtaking, and kids will love the unique experience of being on a riverboat.
8. Have Fun at Six Flags St. Louis
- If your kids are thrill-seekers, a trip to Six Flags St. Louis is a must.
- This sprawling amusement park features a wide array of rides and attractions, including roller coasters, water slides, and live shows.
- From gentle kiddie rides to heart-pounding roller coasters, there’s something for every member of the family.
St. Louis truly has it all when it comes to family-friendly activities and attractions. Whether you’re exploring the city’s vibrant museums, enjoying the great outdoors, or thrilling at exhilarating attractions, St. Louis will surely provide an unforgettable family vacation.
With its wide range of family-friendly activities and attractions, St. Louis is the